Gastroenterology Physician Opportunity
Contact: Theresa Stewart, Physician Services
UP Health System – Marquette now seeks a proficient Gastroenterologist for its growing Digestive and Liver Specialist practice, serving a thriving community.
- Competitive Compensation – Extensive Benefits
- High earning potential with reasonable cost of livingSign-on and work RVU bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including malpractice coverage, CME, paid holidays, and deferred compensation
- Opportunity for monthly residency stipend and student loan repayment
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent Opportunity – Gastroenterologist
- Collegial, supportive practice seeking BE/BC physician
- Cohesive, hospital-employed medical group
- Clinic conveniently located on main hospital campus
- Well-established, experienced, on-site endoscopy nursing staff
- Capsule endoscopy within clinic
- Call schedule is 1:4
- Hospitalists for 24-hour admitting and support
- Ancillary services
- New Pentex equipment
- Hydrogen breath testing equipment in clinic
- Common procedures: EGD, colonoscopy, PH studies, manometry, sigmoidoscopy
- Celebrated, Growing Hospital: UP Health System – Marquette
- New, state-of-the-art hospital slated for 2018
- Duke-affiliated, federally designated Regional Referral Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- 207-bed specialty-care hospital
- Hub of three-hospital system
- Over 200 experienced providers – representing 65 specialties and sub-specialties
- Awarded The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Center
- Given Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Blue Distinction for Spine Surgery
- Major services include Heart Center, Cancer Center, Brain & Spine Center, Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health, Digestive Health, Weight Loss Center, Women & Children’s Center
- A national leader in telehealth
- A teaching hospital with onsite Family Medicine Residency Program and university affiliations
- Approximately 12,000 inpatients and more than 350,000 outpatients a year
- One of the Nation’s Top Communities – Beautiful Marquette, Michigan
- Breathtaking Lake Superior shoreline with reasonable housing costs
- Waterside activities – paddleboarding, kayaking, swimming
- Wintertime activities – skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing
- Trails for hiking, mountain biking, walking
- Beautiful rivers for excellent fly fishing
- Culture and arts hub – home to Northern Michigan University
- Numerous national recognitions, including the following:
- “Third Best City in America to Raise a Family” – Forbes (2010)
- Top micropolitan cities – Site Selection (2011)
- “2014 Michigan Excellence in Technology Award” for the “Best IT community engagement” – State of Michigan (2014)
Learn More About UP Health System – Marquette:
A Regional Referral Center, UP Health System (UPHS) – Marquette is a Level II Trauma Center, as verified by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma. The hospital has received awards and recognition from The Joint Commission and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. In oncology, UPHS has been granted designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
We are developing a state-of-the-art hospital facility, slated for completion in 2018. In addition to serving as the main campus within a three-hospital system, UPHS – Marquette works with hospital-owned clinics in eight other communities throughout Michigan’s Upper Peninsula (UP). We provide the UP with an extensive range of specialists. Furthermore, our 200 physicians appreciate a collegial, teaching hospital environment set amidst Marquette’s vibrant and beautiful community.
UPHS – Marquette has numerous affiliations with universities and community colleges throughout the Midwest. The hospital trains medical students, family medicine residents, Pharm.D. pharmacists, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, nurse anesthetists, radiographers, surgical technicians, and dietitians. Through our collaboration with Northern Michigan University, UPHS – Marquette also is part of the Upper Michigan Brain Tumor Center, which is conducting primary research on the formation of brain tumors. UPHS – Marquette seeks to help the center in its mission to empower patients and families through advocacy, education, treatment, and research.
Our providers are board-certified or board-eligible. The hospital’s major services include the Marquette General Heart & Vascular Institute, Cancer Care Center (a Duke-affiliated Cancer Program), Brain and Spine Center, Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health Service, and the Women's & Children's Center. We also provide the region’s premier services in imaging, surgery, and laboratory. Lastly, we are home to the U.P. Telehealth Network, a leading telehealth network in the nation.
Discover Marquette, Michigan:
UP Health System – Marquette is set on the magnificent shoreline of Lake Superior. Marquette residents enjoy a wide range of outdoor summer and winter activities, from kayaking and fishing to skiing and snowshoeing.
Marquette is the UP’s largest community, a regional center for education, healthcare, outdoor recreation, arts, and culture. Marquette is home to Northern Michigan University – infusing this friendly community with energy and the opportunity for sporting, musical, and theatre events.
Marquette has received extensive national recognition as an excellent place to live and an ideal city in which to raise a family. Furthermore, Marquette is a cutting-edge micropolitan city. University of Michigan – Dearborn College of Business Practice designated Marquette as an “eCities 2015 Five-Star Top Performing Entrepreneurial Community.” The State of Michigan issued Marquette the “2014 Michigan Excellence in Technology Award” for the “Best IT community engagement.”
Reach Out to Us Today!
Contact: Theresa Stewart, Physician Services